Lacey Lyons Rezanka: a Law Firm with a Track Record of Success
The threat of a lawsuit is often part of doing business for many companies, but litigation can have a significant impact on your operations and bottom line. It is vital for companies locked in legal disputes to have a trusted, experienced Melbourne commercial litigation attorney in their corner.
At Lacey Lyons Rezanka, we help companies resolve a wide range of legal disputes in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. Our attorneys are seasoned litigators who combine decades of experience. We are pleased to be able to assist the businesses that are the lifeblood of our local community and proud of our strong track record of successful results.
A Melbourne commercial litigation lawyer will take the time to understand your unique situation and goals. An attorney will also guide you through the litigation process with experience and personal attention, keeping you apprised of your rights and options every step of the way.
Our firm’s record of success includes resolving matters efficiently, often without long and drawn-out court battles. We are skilled negotiators who understand how to resolve disputes through settlement whenever possible and our tested litigators are ready to go to trial when needed.
Common Florida Business Disputes
Legal disputes among businesses come in many shapes and sizes and can be resolved in a number of different ways. An experienced Melbourne commercial litigation attorney can advise you on the full spectrum of issues companies may face, including these common types of business disputes:
- Breach of contract: Contracts are an essential part of business operations, often used to govern everything from purchasing and shipping to hiring and firing. Breach of contract is a legal claim in which one business or other party alleges another has violated the terms of a legally binding agreement.
- Construction disputes: Building and construction disputes often involve breach of contract claims, whether they stem from liens, defects, delays, or zoning and land use.
- Business torts: These claims involve legal duties other than those set out in a contract and can include interference with contract, fraud, embezzlement, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Employment: Claims of discrimination, harassment, or wrongful termination and disputes over non-compete agreements and unpaid wages or overtime are among the most common.
- Antitrust: Collusion, bid-rigging, and other anticompetitive activities are governed by a patchwork of laws.
- Unfair trade practices: Unfair business practices harm consumers and other businesses alike by stifling competition.
- Insurance Disputes & Claims: Businesses have the right to fight back against insurers who try to avoid paying benefits or offer pennies on the dollar for valid business interruption and other claims.
- Breach of fiduciary duty: Corporate officers and directors owe a general duty of care and specific fiduciary duties to the company and its shareholders. Self-dealing and conflicts of interest and widely considered breaches.
A Melbourne commercial litigation attorney at our firm can help you resolve these and a wide span of other legal disputes. We can also help preemptively spot and resolve legal issues that may come up in the course of business activity that could otherwise eventually lead to litigation.
Skilled Negotiators Resolving Litigation Efficiently
At Lacey Lyons Rezanka, our firm is guided by the principle of providing comprehensive, aggressive, and holistic legal services to the businesses we represent. That means a Melbourne commercial litigation lawyer at our firm will not only fight tirelessly for you in court but also explore every opportunity to resolve disputes through settlement.
Cases that go through trial can be costly and time-consuming, especially those that entail significant pretrial discovery and hearings or which may ultimately include various levels of appeal. And then there is the risk that comes with a court battle. Even the strongest possible cases carry at least some chance of being shot down by a judge or receiving a damages award that is less than expected.
A negotiated settlement is often an attractive alternative to litigation because it significantly reduces the cost and risk associated with a trial. It can also be an effective way to resolve disputes without the frustration and public attention that can come with a court fight.
Your Melbourne Commercial Litigation Attorney Will Take Extra Steps to Protect Your Business
We are dedicated to helping companies prevent legal issues before they grow into full-blown litigation. Spotting and addressing those issues on the front end can mean avoiding the costs, stress, and business activity interruption that can come with a legal dispute.
There are a number of steps companies can take to minimize their potential legal exposure. This type of preemption is crucial to the efficient operation of any business.
Drafting clear and concise contracts in which each party clearly understands its rights and obligations is at the top of the list. Companies should perform background checks before entering into agreements with other businesses, people, or organizations. They should also consult a seasoned business attorney to draft, revise, and review any legal agreements.
It is important to have an open and honest dialogue with your attorney about your goals and needs. Any conversation with a Melbourne commercial litigation attorney is generally protected by attorney-client privilege, which means it will not be made public or shared with others without your consent. This helps build a relationship of mutual trust with your lawyer.
Speak with a Melbourne Commercial Litigation Attorney at Our Firm Today
If you are locked in a legal dispute, looking to navigate various legal issues that come with your business activities, or simply want to better understand your legal rights and options, Lacey Lyons Rezanka can help.
We are experienced business litigators who have been helping companies on the Space Coast and across the state resolve a wide range of legal issues for decades. We understand the commercial realities of doing business in Florida and we are committed to helping clients overcome legal hurdles along the way.
Our offices are conveniently located in Melbourne and Rockledge. Call us at 321-608-0890, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us online to schedule an appointment with our Melbourne commercial litigation attorneys.