A Trusted Melbourne Lawyer to Deliver Superior Results
Lacey Lyons Rezanka has extensive experience successfully litigating commercial and business claims in Brevard County and beyond. Whether it is a corporation, financial institution, professional services firm, or an individual, your Melbourne business lawyer will have the legal knowledge to defend a wide variety of lawsuits.
Our commercial litigators can defend businesses against various legal issues at the local, state, or federal level and can even resolve conflicts among business owners, management, and employees. We have represented both employees and employers in disputes related to compensation, benefits, and non-compete clauses.
The following are some of the areas of commercial and business litigation services that our firm offers.
- Alternate Dispute Resolution: A Melbourne business lawyer will use arbitration and mediation to resolve a dispute, if possible, instead of costly court litigation.
- Breach of Contract Disputes: A breach of contract occurs when one party fails to fulfill the provisions of an agreement or contract. These types of disputes can be settled outside of court or may require litigation.
- Collections and Enforcement of Judgements: If a judgment is not paid, our team can help enforce this to receive any outstanding money owed to you.
- Commercial Litigation: Commercial litigation involves a wide variety of business disputes that may arise, including, but not limited to, breach of contract, class actions, partnership or joint venture disputes, business torts, shareholder issues, or even breach of fiduciary duty allegations.
- Construction Litigation: A construction dispute may arise and lead to litigation for various factors, including failure to comply with protecting standards, delays in the project, and exceeding costs.
- First-Party Insurance Claim: Assisting in property claims and disputes for individuals, homeowners, contracts, public adjusters, and remediation companies.
- Fraud: Fraud is the intentional deception to deprive a victim of their legal rights or to secure something through unfair or unlawful gain. Victims of fraud have legal rights, and our team can help you assess the best course of action.
- Homeowners and Condominium Association Disputes: Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs) are contracts between the homeowner and the Homeowner’s Association (HOA). If either party is in breach of this contract, they may sue the other party if the dispute cannot be settled.
- Misappropriation of Trade Secrets: Misappropriation is a type of trade secret infringement that occurs when someone acquires a trade secret and then improperly discloses this information without consent.
- Probate and Trust Litigation: Trust litigation is an independent action involving a decedent's trust, and probate litigation is within the probate estate. A Melbourne business lawyer from our legal team will review your case and offer court representation.
- Real Estate Disputes: If you have a property dispute, breach of real estate contract, or an encroachment, our experienced attorneys can help address these complicated issues.
- Restrictive Covenants and Non-Compete Violations: Companies can have restrictive covenants or non-competes that protect their business interests. If employees violate these conditions, they may be held liable in court for any damages that arise from their actions.
- Unfair Debt Collection: Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, debt collectors are strictly prohibited from abusive, harassing practices in their attempts to collect outstanding debts. A Melbourne business lawyer can help you report and file a civil suit on your behalf if this act is violated.
- Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices: Unfair and deceptive trade practices are any type of business act or practice that is fraudulent, deceptive, or causes injury to the consumer.
A Melbourne Business-Oriented Lawyer Can Help You
Corporate leaders, small business owners, and entrepreneurs have enough on their plates already. They should not have to also be mired in complicated legal disputes and long, drawn-out courtroom battles.
Lacey Lyons Rezanka can play a vital role in navigating a wide range of legal issues, from drafting contracts to collecting debts and enforcing trade secret protections. An experienced lawyer can help you understand your rights and options every step of the way and develop a strategy designed to meet your goals.
A seasoned business lawyer should also be an accomplished litigator, prepared to protect your rights and advance your interests in court when needed. The threat of litigation and the ability to mount a comprehensive defense in court are important tools that can provide significant leverage for a negotiated settlement.
Equally important, a business attorney will help you spot potential legal issues on the front end and resolve those matters as efficiently as possible to avoid complications farther down the road. That includes reviewing contracts, advising on various business activities, and taking proactive steps to ward off litigation.
The sooner you speak with a business lawyer about your company’s activities and the potential legal issues that accompany them, the easier it is to address those issues, and the more likely you will be prepared if a dispute arises. At Lacey Lyons Rezanka, we will give you the confidence to run your company while knowing you have a seasoned attorney on your side.
What You Can Expect When Working with One of Our Business Lawyers
At Lacey Lyons Rezanka, our attorneys have dedicated their professional lives to helping businesses and the people who run them handle a full slate of legal issues.
Our business attorneys do not just know the law. We also understand the commercial realities that businesses often face and the difficult choices that corporate leaders are regularly forced to make. We bring this unique perspective to all of the work that we do for our clients, offering them the advice they need to make decisions and navigate negotiations.
Based in Melbourne, we assist a wide range of businesses across several industries throughout the state. Our attorneys combine decades of legal experience to provide comprehensive representation services to our clients.
We pride ourselves in taking a personalized approach. A Melbourne business lawyer at our firm will take the time to understand your unique situation and needs and craft a solution tailored to your goals. This approach has allowed us to build lasting, decades-long relationships as trusted legal advisors to many of our corporate clients.
Lacey Lyons Rezanka is a full-service business law firm. We advise clients on the full slate of issues businesses face in Florida, from setting up a corporate entity and negotiating commercial leases to handling disputes over contracts, construction, and trade practices. We are seasoned negotiators with a strong track record of success in negotiations and experienced litigators who understand how to effectively fight in the courtroom for the businesses we represent.