Attorney Stephen J. Lacey concentrates his practice in the areas of Wealth Preservation, Estate Planning, Medicaid Planning, Elder Law, Probate, and Real Estate Closings. Attorney Lacey has over 20 years of experience in the formulation of estate planning to achieve the clients’ testamentary goals, maximize their tax benefits and minimize probate costs. He recognizes that some people are at higher risk of lawsuits and judgments. These people include professionals (doctors, lawyers, accountants), business and property owners, the very wealthy, people facing imminent legal, financial or medical problems and people with high risk jobs. Many of these individuals have benefited from Attorney Lacey’s vast knowledge of proper asset protection planning that can ensure that all of their personal and business assets are protected in the event of large unforeseen nursing home costs or lawsuit and judgment. Attorney Lacey is also well-versed in Taxation, which is helpful when tax laws change.
Attorney Lacey received his undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia, his Juris Doctor from Mercer University, and his Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation from the University of Florida. He is admitted to practice in Florida, Georgia, and Virginia.
Attorney Lacey moved to Melbourne, Florida in 2003, and has since been an active member of the community. He has served as a member of the Board of Directors of many charities including, Brevard Zoo and the Health First Foundation, where he currently serves as Chairman of the Board.
Focus of Practice
In the News
- No matter your age, income or crushing debt, you should have an estate plan (May 28, 2022)
- Trust Mills Have Duped Countless Seniors: Here’s How to Avoid Them (April 22, 2022)
- As baby boomers turn caregivers for aging parents, what’s the best way to plan for care? (March 19, 2022)
- Health First Aging Services Resources
- Florida Today: Choosing a health care surrogate is always advisable; with pandemic upon us, it’s essential (July 31, 2020)
- Florida Today: Four critical legal documents you need in time of Covid-19 (April 20, 2020)
- Space Coast Legal Professionals 2015