Attorney Robyn Hattaway is located in the Rockledge office, where she focuses on Civil Litigation and Business Transactions. Attorney Hattaway is available to meet with clients by Zoom, Facetime, Microsoft Teams, or in person as clients are most comfortable.
Attorney Hattaway began her career in litigation representing large publicly held corporations in complex business disputes. She has experience in both federal and state courts. Her practice includes civil litigation, real property litigation, franchise transactions and development, as well as business litigation.
Attorney Hattaway is a Commissioner at the Canaveral Port Authority, elected in November 2018. She is currently serving a four-year term. Most recently Attorney Hattaway founded a Junior Port Ambassador Program to provide area youth with job opportunity education and workforce development.
Attorney Hattaway is a graduate/participant in LEAD Brevard (2014) and WeVenture’s ATHENA NextGen Women’s Leadership Program (2017). She is a member of the Board of Directors for LEAD Brevard, the Board of Directors for the Titusville Chamber of Commerce and is a member of the Brevard County Civilian/Military Council. Attorney Hattaway believes strongly in volunteer work and has contributed to her local communities through such organizations as Brevard Public Schools, Literacy for Adults in Brevard, LEAD Brevard, Brevard Art Museum Council of 100, Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS), Florida Supreme Court Justice Teaching Program, and 2-1-1 Brevard.
Attorney Hattaway is presently admitted to practice law in Florida (2010) and Georgia (2001). She is currently a member of the Florida Bar Health Law and Business Law Sections.
Attorney Hattaway has been a Brevard County resident since 2009. She received her law degree from Emory University School of Law in 2001, and her undergraduate degree in Government and Sociology from the University of Texas in 1997.
- State Bar of Florida, 2010 – Present, Active and in Good Standing Health Law & Business Law Sections
- State Bar of Georgia, 2001- Present, Active and in Good Standing
- Supreme Court of Indiana, Roll of Attorneys
- 2015 – Present, Inactive in Good Standing
- 2004 – 2015, Active and in Good Standing
- Initiate and defend clients in business litigation, real property litigation, franchise transactions and development.
- Negotiate lease termination, franchise agreement termination, and physician employment agreements.
- Investigate and answer alleged compliance and consumer complaints from Florida Attorney General and federal agencies.
- Represent clients before local municipal boards regarding COVID orders.
- Develop strategic business planning: draft operating agreements, draft and edit sales contracts, negotiate contracts and advise businesses including medical groups, individual physicians, pharmacology research specialists, and new franchisees.
- Manage medical malpractice claims and coordinate with insurance carriers and defense counsel.
- Educate medical practices via interactive educational seminars on maintaining electronic records, confidentiality in correspondence, HIPP A compliance, and attorney client privilege.
- Present educational programs to businesses and non-profits re: privilege and confidentiality in a digital world, risk avoidance, volunteer management and liability. Provide risk management services via hold harmless agreements, liability waivers, and consents to avoid corporate or non-profit liability exposure.
- Managed complex commercial litigation as lead associate in trademark infringement, franchise law, and breach of contract.
- Drafted contract provisions for large property management company.
- Canaveral Port Authority, Board of Commissioners
Commissioner, Elected November 2018; Sworn in December 2018 (four year term).
Focused on community interaction and workforce development: Founded and designed Junior Port Ambassador Program with support of Brevard Public Schools to engage area high school students in career education program. Earned unanimous support of board to pass resolution in support of Brevard Schools apprenticeship and workforce training center.
- LEAD Brevard, Member 2014-present. LEADERSHIP Class of 2014.
Board of Directors, May 2019 -present.
Governance Committee, June 2020 -present.
Membership & Alumni Engagement Committee, June 2019 – 2020
Curriculum Planning Committee, August 2017- 2019
In the News
- Port Authority Vice Chair Hattaway spearheads ‘junior ambassador’ educational program
- Port Canaveral must go through competitive process to retain attorney | Opinion
- Port Authority vice chair questions attorney’s $350 bill for attending shipboard event
- Port Canaveral Commissioner Robyn Hattaway: ‘Integrity in Government Contracts Requires Competition’