Ms. Rezanka represents business entities and individuals in matters concerning governmental activities and in matters involving contracts. In matters involving governmental activities, Ms. Rezanka manages issues involving land use, zoning, code violations and administrative hearings. Ms. Rezanka has extensive courtroom experience, including jury and non-jury trials and appellate hearings. In matters involving contracts, Ms. Rezanka handles matters ranging from simple breach of contract actions to complex cases involving substantial damages, fraud, theft and tortuous interference with contracts, including land dispute, title claims, ownership disputes, easements and leases.
Ms. Rezanka serves as pro bono legal to several Brevard non-profit organizations. Additionally, she volunteers in several leadership positions and participates as a member for many civic, professional and philanthropic organizations.
Ms. Rezanka has handled several complex matters including the following:
- Represented international, Fortune 100 company in zoning and variance hearings and negotiations related thereto to allow construction of a commercial building.
- Represented a commercial landlord in dispute with tenant over tenant’s abandonment of leased premises and tenant’s later claim that mold and defects in leased premises caused tenant’s abandonment.
- Represented local soup kitchen by helping them wage a difficult battle with city government to expand the soup kitchen facility and services, which is a lifeline for thousands of disadvantaged and homeless people in our community.
- Represented a large privately held company in action against a former employee and former independent contractor for theft of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duties and violation of employee and contractor agreements.
- Represented land owner in contract dispute against seller for not providing proper access to industrial property.
- Represented homeowners’ association in action against its former treasurer for embezzlement of over $100,000.00, which resulted in payment by the association’s insurance company of the policy limits of $50,000.00 and costs, and the arrest, indictment and prosecution of the treasurer for Grand Theft, 2nd degree felony.
Focus of Practice Areas
- Zoning & Land Use
- Contract Disputes
- Local Government Law
- Real Estate Litigation
- Land Title Issues
- Florida, 1992
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1993
- Illinois, 1993 (not active)
Professional and Civic Activities:
- Commission on Ethics, State of Florida, Dec. 2015 – Present
- Chairman, July 2019 – July 2020
- Vice-Chair, July 2018 – July 2019
- Friends of the Children’s Advocacy Center of Brevard, Board of Directors, 2015 – Present
- Vice-President, December 2017 – December 2019
- LEAD Brevard, Board of Directors, 2013 – May 2019, and 2002-2006
- Home Builders & Contractors Association of Brevard
- Executive Committee and Board of Directors, 2007 – Present
- Brevard County Civilian/Military Council, 2014 – Present
- Vassar B. Carlton Inn of Court
- Master, 2014 – 2017; Team Captain, 2014 – 2015
- Barrister, 2006 – 2008
- Associate, 1994 – 1996
- The Florida Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2007 – Present
- University of Florida Law Alumni Council, 2011 – Present
- Brevard County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2002 – 2007, and 1995 – 1999
- President, 2006 – 2007
- Treasurer, 2004 – 2005
- Secretary, 2003 – 2004
- Young Lawyers Division, Founder and President, 1994 – 1995
- Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast
- Board of Directors, 2003 – 2008
- Executive Committee, 2003 – 2008
- University of Florida Alumni Association, Board of Directors, 1995 – 1998
- Brevard County Bar Foundation
- Charter Member
- Board of Directors 2007 – 2010
- Foundation Life Member, 2007
- Junior League of South Brevard
- Executive Committee and Board of Directors, 2006 – 2010
- Sustaining Member, 2002 – 2016
- Space Coast Tiger Bay Club, Member, 2009 – 2014
- Cape Canaveral Propeller Club, Member, 2013 – Present
- Girl Scout Troop Leader, Citrus Council, 2012 – 2014
- Justice Teaching Group Leader, 2007 – Present
- The Florida Bar – Board of Governors, Young Lawyers Division, 1993 – 1999,
- 18th Judicial Circuit Representative
- Republican Club of Brevard, Member, 1997 – Present
- Rotary Club of Indialantic, Member, 2001- 2003
Charitable and Pro Bono Service:
- Children’s Services Council of Brevard, Legal Counsel, February 2018 – Present
- Home Builders & Contractors Association of Brevard, Legal Counsel, 2007 – Present
- Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast,
- Legal Counsel, 2003 – 2008, 2016 – Present
- Junior League of South Brevard, Legal Counsel, 2006 – 2010
- Stephen’s Way, affordable housing project, pro bono legal services, 2018 – 2019
- Daily Bread, Inc. Soup Kitchen, pro bono legal services, 2009 – 2012
- Fiduciary Duties of Boards of Directors, Homebuilders & Contractors Association of Brevard, Inc.
- Identity Theft, Brevard County Paralegal Association
- Contracts, Creditors & Con-Men, Brevard County Public Library Series
- Practicing with Professionalism, Florida Bar CLE Speaker