Attorney Kim Rezanka is a land use attorney and represents business entities and individuals in matters concerning governmental activities and in matters involving contracts and zoning regulations. Attorney Rezanka’s core area of focus is Zoning & Land Use in Brevard County. In matters involving governmental activities, Attorney Rezanka litigates issues including code violations and administrative hearings in zoning regulations. Attorney Rezanka has been practicing law for 29 years, with extensive courtroom experience, which includes jury and non-jury trials and appellate hearings. In matters involving contracts, she handles matters ranging from simple breach of contract actions to complex cases involving substantial damages, fraud, theft and tortuous interference with contracts, including land dispute, title claims, ownership disputes, easements and leases.
Attorney Kimberly Rezanka graduated from the University of Florida with her undergraduate and Juris Doctor degree. She was also a Florida Blue Key member and recognized in the President’s Hall of Fame.
Attorney Rezanka is admitted to practice in Florida and is in good standing with Illinois Bar.
Attorney Rezanka has served as pro bono legal to several Brevard non-profit organizations, including Children’s Services Council of Brevard, Stephen’s Way, Daily Bread, Inc., and Junior League of South Brevard. Additionally, she volunteers in several leadership positions and participates as a member for many civic, professional, and philanthropic organizations including Home Builders & Contractors Association of Brevard, Brevard Homeless Coalition, Cape Canaveral Propeller Club, University of Florida Law Alumni Council, and more.
Focus of Practice Areas
- Represented international, Fortune 100 company in zoning and variance hearings and negotiations related thereto to allow construction of a commercial building.
- Represented a commercial landlord in dispute with tenant over tenant’s abandonment of leased premises and tenant’s later claim that mold and defects in leased premises caused tenant’s abandonment.
- Represented local soup kitchen by helping them wage a difficult battle with city government to expand the soup kitchen facility and services, which is a lifeline for thousands of disadvantaged and homeless people in our community.
- Represented a large privately held company in action against a former employee and former independent contractor for theft of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duties and violation of employee and contractor agreements.
- Represented land owner in contract dispute against seller for not providing proper access to industrial property.
- Represented homeowners’ association in action against its former treasurer for embezzlement of over $100,000.00, which resulted in payment by the association’s insurance company of the policy limits of $50,000.00 and costs, and the arrest, indictment and prosecution of the treasurer for Grand Theft, 2nd degree felony.
In the News
- 2020 Land Use, Florida Bar, Code Enforcement Gone Wild: Noise, Nuisances and Neighbors
- Fiduciary Duties of Boards of Directors, Homebuilders & Contractors Association of Brevard, Inc.
- Identity Theft, Brevard County Paralegal Association
- Contracts, Creditors & Con-Men, Brevard County Public Library Series
- Practicing with Professionalism, Florida Bar CLE Speaker